Tremco Illbruck Compriband: Timbermax TP450
Tremco Illbruck TP450 Compriband Timber Max
Timbermax TP450 is a soft and flexible open cell polyurethane foam, impregnated with an acrylic based, UV stabilised resin. The resin is water repellent and contains a fire retardant. The TP450 has a self-adhesive side to aid initial location and is easy to apply in any weather.
Additionally, TP450 has both thermal and acoustic insulation properties.
TP450 is an expanding sealing tape designed for use in a wide variety of movement joints up to 50mm wide and can accommodate up to 37mm of movement.
Weather tight against the most severe combinations of wind and rain, it satisfies most expectations as an external weather seal in building and civil engineering applications, with particular suitability for sealing the head and cills of windows installed in timber frame construction. Extensively tested, TP450 has a proven reputation across both the UK and Europe.
Click here to browse full range of Tremco Illbruck Products.
Tremco Illbruck Compriband : Timbermax TP450
• Accommodates up to 37mm of joint movement within a maximum 50mm wide gap.
• Weather seal for wind-driven rain but breathable for vapour diffusion.
• Can accommodate differential movement on timber frame construction up to 5 storeys.
• Seals effectively – no remedial visits or wet sealants.
• Continually expands and contracts to accommodate movement whilst still sealing the joints.
Application Instructions for Timbermax TP450 Compriband Tape
• Cut off the preliminary strip and the opening wedge at the start of the roll.
• If installing tape into a construction joint, it may be applied either horizontally or vertically (from bottom to top); however, when applying to a door or window frame the horizontal seals must be applied before the vertical ones. Tape must be applied with the adhesive side to the frame when working with fenestration but may be applied in any order when working with construction joints. In both cases, do not stretch the tape. When working in damp or cold conditions a wood wedge should be used to hold the tape in position until it is expanded. Ensure the tape is recessed by a minimum of 2 mm from the front of the joint.
• When calculating the length of tape to be fitted, add 10mm/m to the actual joint length. Be sure to measure the opening and not the window.
• At the end of a roll, cut o the tape wedge finish. Repeat the process with a new roll, making a close compressed butt connection.
• If the seal is to be weather tested using the CWCT hose test (TN41), we recommend that the tape should be allowed 7 - 10 days conditioning in the joint before testing and a minimum 25 mm wide tape should be used. Please refer to technical department for advice.
• If using TP601 Compriband e to seal the window jambs(in conjunction with TP450 Compriband Timber Max to head and cill), cut and apply the TP601 Compriband e to the full height dimension of the frame. Cut and apply the TP450 Timber Max to span the full opening width,thereby covering the cut ends of the TP601 Compriband e.Ensure that the front (external) edges of both products are positioned in the same plane to achieve a continuous seal.
• For applications where the TP450 will exceed 30mm thickness in service, the face of the tape should be covered using a suitable cover trim to improve the aesthetics and provide UV protection to the exposed tape surface.
Please Note: High temperatures accelerate tape expansion, while low temperatures delay this. At ambient temperatures above 20°C, the tape should be stored in a cool place on the construction site away from direct sunlight. A small fridge is ideal for this.
Delivery & Returns
Delivery & Returns
Delivery Information - What does your delivery option mean?
All deliveries are subject to stock and availability.
**Next Day Cut Off – subject to cleared payments and passing of payment security checks by 11am.
Orders processed after 11am using the next day service option cannot be guaranteed.
All UK Mainland orders qualify for FREE delivery* when you spend over £150 ex VAT. *Please note certain items do not qualify for free delivery.
Consignments will be delivered using DX, DPD, APC, Hermes or direct from the supplier if stock is not readily available within our warehouse.
Please note that orders placed on a Friday after 11AM for next day delivery will be dispatched on the following Monday for delivery on Tuesday.
Orders placed prior to a Bank Holiday will be delivered two days after the Bank Holiday.
Price (inc vat)
Next Day Delivery
Monday - Friday, excluding public holidays. Order before 11AM for delivery the next working day.
2-7 Working Day Delivery
Monday - Friday, excluding public holidays.
FREE Delivery over £180 (2-7 Working Days)
Monday - Friday, excluding public holidays.
Unfortunately, We Cannot Guarantee Next Working Day - you will be notified if we can't fulfill this.
Outside UK Mainland (Including Ireland)
*Please note the following postcodes are classed as Non-Mainland UK or Remote / Rural delivery: AB, IV, KW, PA, PH, HS, KA, ZE, PO30-PO41, IM, JE, GY, BT, TR21-TR25.
Regardless of the order weight and quantity, the following locations incur a carriage charge of £24.99 INC VAT
It is advised you arrange your own courier collection from our warehouse. If you require assistance Dortech Direct can schedule a delivery for you. Prices are dependent on box quantity and order weight. Please call our sales team for a quotation on 01484 411357.
- All available delivery options will be displayed at checkout / basket pages
- Working days do not include Weekends or Bank holidays
- For all enquiries ring 01484 411357 / email@example.com
BACS & Purchase Orders
- The delivery times & dates are only valid from receipt of funds or valid PO number
By ordering with Dortech Direct you agree to inspect goods upon delivery. Damaged goods should be rejected. If you notice damage after goods are delivered, you must report this to us within 48 hours of delivery. Dortech Direct does not accept damage liability for issues reported over 2 working days from the point of delivery.
You can report damage by sending your order details and images of any issues to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need to return a product within 14 days, we are happy to refund the product provided it is returned, as sold, with all the original packaging, tags, labels and accessories.
Prior to returning any goods for any reason, please fill in the Returns Form and put it in your package that you are returning.
Is there a re-stocking fee?
Please note some orders are subject to up to a 35% restocking fee. While every effort will be made to avoid this charge in some cases it is un-avoidable.This charge represents the administrative time and overheads to reprocess the stock.
I've sent my package, how long will the refund take?
We aim to make the returns process as quick as possible, but please allow up to 14 days for your refund to be processed. If you haven't received any information after this time, please get in touch with one of our team.